eHealth Thematic Network – AgeingWell
Europeans are living longer than ever thanks to economic growth and advances in healthcare. To face the upcoming challenges related to ageing population, the AgeingWell network, launched in 2012, aims at improving the quality of life of elderly people by promoting the market uptake of ICT solutions. The Network achieved the following main objectives :
- Develop Guidelines for deployment and sharing of best practices between key competence centres;
- Build an ICT for Ageing Knowledge Centre to share relevant information and results with the AgeingWell Community;
- Develop an ICT for Ageing Society Strategic Agenda, in order to provide a study on options for future structure and implementation of EU innovation funding;
- Promote the European innovation reinforcement between innovative ICT & Ageing enterprises (in particular SMEs) and the Investment Community;
- Raise awareness within the European community of ICT & Ageing stakeholders.
The AgeingWell network is already composed of 16 experienced organizations in ICT for ageing, covering the industry, user organizations, public authorities, investors, housing and insurance companies and ICT solutions providers.