HOPE is one of the co-organisers as well as member of the Scientific Committee of Health Promoting Hospitals (HPH) conferences.
Health promotion is considered a core quality dimension of hospital services as well as patient safety and clinical effectiveness. Against the rising incidence of chronic diseases, the provision of health promotion services is an important factor for sustained health, quality of life and efficiency.
The Health Promoting Hospitals (HPH) network produces evidence to help hospitals achieve their health mission and to support cooperation and exchanges of experience between participating hospitals. The network also addresses the health of staff and the link of the hospital to its community. It has the following objectives:
- To change the culture of hospital care towards interdisciplinary working, transparent decision-making and with active involvement of patients and partners.
- To evaluate health promotion activities in the health care setting and build an evidence-base in this area.
- To incorporate standards and indicators for health promotion in existing quality management systems at hospital and at national levels.
The annual International Conference on Health Promoting hospitals and Health Services (HPH) is the main event of the international HPH network. It is a forum of learning and exchange on health promotion in and by health services for health practitioners, consultants, scientists and politicians and hosts 500 delegates on average every year.
Latest HPH conferences
- Balancing high tech and high touch in healh care: Challenges and chances of digitalisation for dialogue
29-31 Mai 2019, Warsaw, Poland
- Health promotion strategies to achieve change: evidence-based policies and practices
6-8 June 2018, Bologna, Italy
- Directions for Health Promoting Health Care. Lessons from the past, solutions for the future
- 12-14 April 2017, Vienna, Austria
- Creating a Culture of Health through Innovation and Partnership
8-10 June 2016, Connecticut, USA
- Person-oriented health promotion in a rapidly changing world: Co-production – continuity – new media & technologies
10-12 June 2015, Oslo (Norway)
Under this general theme, the conference paid special attention to the comprehensive somato-psycho-social health needs of patients and their families, but also those of healthcare staff and community members.
- Changing hospital and health service culture to better promote health
23-25 April 2014, Barcelona (Spain)
Under this general theme, the conference program acknowledged the need for organisation-wide reform and development to support a more health promoting culture in healthcare. Some of the topics discussed were health literacy, enhancing the health environment for healthcare professionals and collaboration between organisations and settings.