- This event has passed.
ICT4Life Final Conference: Meeting the Challenges of Digital Health Innovation for Integrated Care in the EU
18 October 2018 - 9:00 am - 4:30 pm CEST
When? Thursday 18 October 2018, 9:00 – 16:30
Where? ICAB – Business & Technology Incubator, Rue des Pères Blancs 4, 1040 Brussels
In reaction to the significant demographic and epidemiological transition that is taking place in Europe, digital innovation has quickly emerged as a solution to develop new and more integrated care models. By strengthening prevention and patient-centred care, digital health technologies can relieve the economic burden on our healthcare systems and increase healthy life years expectancy. Through the empowerment of patients and their families and by providing a continuous support through training and communication tools to health professionals, ICT4Life, like other EU-funded projects, contributes to this revolution.
The ICT4Life Final Conference is aimed at discovering how the platform responds to the needs of integrated care systems and provides tailored solutions for diverse regional contexts. A specific session addresses the pilots and the strategic approach based on end-users’ feedback. The event will gather experts from other EU-funded projects to discuss the challenges faced by digital health innovators when it comes to exploiting in the market H2020 projects’ results.
- What is ICT4Life? – Alejandro Sánchez-Rico de las Heras, Coordinator of ICT4Life H2020 project
- Integrated care in the EU – Pascal Garel, Chief Executive – European Hospital and Healthcare Federation (HOPE)
- Integrated care in the EU. European Brain Council perspective – Frédéric Destrebecq, Executive Director – European Brain Council
- H2020 EU-funded projects response to integrated care challenges – Eloisa Vargiu, Representative of CONNECARE project
- More autonomy for patients
>Marie Bourcy, Assistant Director & Julie Dujardin, Administrative Assistant – Belgium Alzheimer Association
>Mirela Popa, Postdoctoral Researcher – Department of Data Science and Knowledge Engineering, Maastricht University
- Continuous support and training for caregivers
>Stecy Yghemonos, Secretary General – Eurocarers
>Laura Carrasco, Director – Madrid Parkinson Association
- Better communication and coordination of care for health professionals
>Annabel Seebohm, Secretary General – Standing Committee of European Doctors (CPME)
>Federico Álvarez, Assistant Professor – Telecommunications Engineering School, Polytechnic University of Madrid
- ICT4Life Fieldwork – tailored solutions in diverse regional contexts – Ariane Girault, Project Manager – E-Seniors
- ICT4Life: Exploitation – a strategic approach based on iterative testing for real market – Isabella Notarangelo, Health Economist – European Hospital and Healthcare Federation (HOPE)
- Exploitation challenges of H2020 projects’ results – the SmartLife case and the experience of an SME – Andrew Pomazanskyi, Representative of SmartLife H2020 project