- This event has passed.
Health and Climate Change: Common Challenges, Common Solutions?
6 May - 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm CEST
On 6 May 2021 14:30-16:00 CET, Decide Health Decision Hub and the Council of Europe Development Bank organise an online event entitled “Health and Climate Change: Common Challenges, Common Solutions?”
Today Europe is facing a health crisis coupled with intensifying challenges brought about by climate change. Covid-19 hit at the heart of existing social vulnerabilities in Europe related to growing incidence of non-communicable diseases, population ageing and persistent inequalities. At the same time, human health and well-being are intrinsically linked with the state of environment, which in turn depends on human activity and life choices. How to break the vicious circle of environmental degradation and declining state of health? What strategies and investments for healthier and more sustainable European societies post-COVID-19?
- Pascal Garel, Chief Executive, European Hospital and Healthcare Federation (HOPE);
- Monica Scatasta, Director, Technical Assessment and Monitoring, CEB
- Dr Ranieri Guerra, Special Envoy of the Director General to Italy, World Health Organisation;
- Caroline Costongs, Director, EuroHealthNet;
- Thomas Bignal, Policy Manager, European Association of Service providers for Persons with Disabilities (EASPD;
- Stephanie Matthys, Managing Director, European Network Architecture for Health (ENAH);;
- Thomas Kergall, Technical Advisor for Health and Social Care, CEB;
- Jelica Vesic, Communication Officer, CEB – moderator.